What is the WTF World Taekwondo Grand Prix?
- The World Taekwondo Grand Prix is an annual series of global taekwondo events featuring the world’s leading taekwondo athletes.
- Leg 1 – Moscow, Russia, 4-6 August 2017
- Leg 2 – Rabat, Morocco, 22- 24 September 2017
- Leg 3 – Manchester, UK, 20-22 October 2017
- Final – December 2017
- Only the top 31 athletes (as ranked by the World Taekwondo Federation) in each of 8 weight divisions are invited to attend plus 1 wildcard entry in each weight group from the host nation (excludes Final)
Where’s the London event happening?
- The World Taekwondo Grand Prix in London will be staged at the Copper Box Arena, which is on the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, London, E20 3HB.
When’s it happening?
- The event takes place over 3 days from Friday, 20 October – Sunday, 21 October.
What’s the schedule?
- Female -67kg
- Male – 68kg
- Male +80kg
- Female -57kg
- Female +67kg
- Male -58kg
- Female -49kg
- Male – 80kg
- There are two sessions per day:
- Day session (9am-5.30pm): Preliminaries and Quarter-Finals held simultaneously across 3 courts
- Evening session (6.30pm (5.30pm Sunday) – 10pm (8pm Sunday)): Semi-Finals and Finals on the main show court
What tickets can I buy?
- Tickets can be purchased for a single Day/Evening Session, all Weekend (Weekend Pass) or all 3 days (Competition Pass).
- Tickets are cheaper if purchased in advance via ticketmaster
Getting to the venue?
- We advise all spectators to use public transport to get to and from the Park, either by train, underground, bus or cycle. Please refer to TFL to plan your route to the Copper Box Arena.
What about the British team?
- There will be a strong GB team competing, including Olympic champion Jade Jones, Olympic bronze medallist Lutalo Muhammad, two times World Champion Bianca Walkden, World silver medallist Mahama Cho World, World bronze medallist Damon Sansum and many other GB athletes.